Reports to: Park Manager
The Park Patrol position is responsible for the day to day security of specific parks in a region or bundle area.
General Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- To contribute to ensuring the Permit area is safe, clean, and functional.
- To ensure the security of the Permit area.
- To conduct duties of the Collector when necessary. (see Collector / Gatehouse job description)
Specific Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- To ensure that the Permit Area of the Park is maintained to a high standard of service with equipment necessary to do the job effectively.
- To be familiar with the Park, its facilities, recreational opportunities, and display good public relation skills when assisting Park users.
- To be familiar with the Park Regulations and be able to communicate them to Park users in a courteous manner when necessary to do so.
- To be familiar with emergency procedures and to deal with them effectively.
- To maintain a high standard of Public Safety:
- By advising Park users who are acting in an unsafe manner to cease that activity.
- By acting on situations before they have unfortunate results.
- To maintain Public control and noise control and ensure any incidents which occur in the Permit area are duly recorded.
- To ensure emergency vehicle access to and in the Permit Area is maintained at all times.
- To ensure sites are not overcrowded and that all vehicles and camping equipment are within the boundaries of the campsite.
- To ensure only registered campers are in the Permit Area after 11:00pm and that all day use accesses are closed and locked at the scheduled time.
- To deal effectively with enforcement situations in a mature and responsible manner.