Reports to: Operations Manager
The Park Manager is responsible for the day to day operations of specific parks in a region or bundle area.
Additionally, the Park Manager may be required to act on limited responsibilities in the absence of the Regional Manager.
General Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- To contribute to ensuring the Permit area is safe, clean, and functional.
- Training of all staff.
- Overseeing all aspects of the Operation permit.
- Staff Supervision.
- Maintain regular communication and a positive working relationship with BC Parks.
- Ensure regular communication and a positive working relationship is established and maintained with other authorities and agencies, such as the R.C.M.P. or Health Inspector, etc.
Specific Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- To ensure all employees are familiar with the policies and procedures of RLC Enterprize Ltd as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- To ensure that the Permit Area of the Park is maintained to a high standard of service with equipment necessary to do the job effectively.
- To ensure that all employees are familiar with the Provincial Park, its facilities and recreational opportunities, and that each employee displays good public relations skills when assisting Park users.
- To ensure employees are familiar with the Park Regulations and are able to communicate these regulations to Park users in a courteous manner when necessary to do so.
- To ensure employees are familiar with emergency procedures and that emergency information is available in all pertinent locations.
- To ensure that all company vehicles and equipment are kept clean, safe, and functional.
- To maintain a high standard of Public Safety:
- By keeping facilities in good repair
- By advising Park users who are acting in an unsafe manner to cease that activity
- By acting on situations before they have unfortunate results.
- By conducting regular inspections.
- To maintain Public control and noise control and to ensure any incidents which occur in the Permit Area are duly recorded.
- To ensure regular patrols are made throughout the Permit area and that all buildings, equipment, and property are secure and that only registered campers are in the Permit area after 11:00pm.
- To ensure that all statistical information required is submitted to the office within 7 days following the last day of the month.
- To ensure that water systems are safe, fully functional, and tested monthly with test reports submitted to the Regional Manager.
- To ensure sewage waste responsibilities are followed as per required in the permit. Where septic tanks exist, this includes ensuring that scum or sludge layers do not build up to a point where solids enter the tile field. Remove as required to a sewage disposal site. With pit toilets, ensure sewage levels are regularly checked and pumped as necessary.
- To ensure that existing lawns are maintained and mowed.
- To ensure the safe and fully functional condition of specific foot traffic areas (trails, footpaths, etc.).
- To ensure that the proper mix and size of firewood is available to Park Users throughout the season.
- To ensure that all painting and staining is completed according to the operational standards throughout the season.
- Ensure start-up maintenance and winterizing operations as per the operations permit.