Reports to: Park Manager
The Collector/Gatehouse position is responsible for the day to day revenue collections within specific parks in a region or bundle area.
General Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- To contribute to ensuring the Permit area is safe, clean, and functional.
- To collect revenue from all Park Campground users.
- To handle Discover Camping Reservations.
- To provide information to current and potential Park users.
Specific Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Collection procedures:
- Set up float and McBees.
- Register campers using the One-Write camping permit and/or self-registration envelopes and/or computer.
- Be aware of any problems and potential problem campers and refuse entry if necessary. If questionable, notify security as to potential problem camper, site number, etc.
- When campground is full, post “Closed” sign in designated area.
- End of shift:
- Make new float.
- Cash out.
- Complete daily summary.
- Deposit money and cash-out sheet in safe.
- Issue Refunds as necessary.
- Liaison with BC Parks office and local tourism centres to inform them on the campground attendance and available space.
- Discover Camping:
- Have prepared and be knowledgeable of all incoming reservations.
- Allocate sites to incoming reservation holders.
- Register reservation holders.